These cabbage steaks are meaty and hearty, plus they really soak in all the flavors from the balsamic, garlic and paprika! I am a little obsessed with roasts in the winter, especially when they can be done on one pan like this one!!
Side note: Have you ever had a roasted avocado? If not, I’m about to change your life.
Balsamic Roasted Cabbage Steaks
By slicing the cabbage into steaks and dousing them in balsamic, you can have a hearty and flavorful one pot meal on the table in 35 minutes.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 purple cabbage (look for a round one, not an oval)
- 1 large Yukon gold potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 shallots
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Step 1 1. Preheat the oven to 450F
- Step 2 2. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, balsamic, agave, paprika, garlic powder, 1 tsp of the salt and the lime juice.
- Step 3 3. Slice the cabbage into 4 steaks and place on an oiled sheet pan. Spoon half of the balsamic mixture over the steaks and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 4. While the cabbage is cooking, prep the veggies. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into one inch chunks. You can leave the skin on the Yukon gold potato, but cut them the same size as the sweet potato. As you cut, put them in the bowl with the remaining balsamic mixture. Chop the shallots and avocadoes and add them to the bowl.
- Step 5 5. When the 15 minutes are up, take the cabbage steaks out of the oven and add the veggies which have now been coated in the balsamic mixture. Sprinkle the remaining half teaspoon of salt on top with the chopped pecans and put it back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Step 6 6. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and serve the cabbage steaks with the veggies. Now contemplate why on earth this is the first time you have tried a roasted avocado 🙂