This pasta recipe is super light and absolutely perfect for summer! Sometimes I want something green AND I want some pasta. Merging the two? Easy. Here we have the broccoli rabe rigatoni. I am obsessed with this because of the secret ingredient… anchovy paste!
Don’t be shy! One of my followers over on instagram says his family calls it “the bacon of the sea” and honestly I could not agree more. Its so full of umami plus a little hit of saltiness. It is absolutely perfect for pasta sauces, especially in the absence of the umami rich tomato! Think Aglio e olio, but veggie. Make this side a perfect main by adding some grilled salmon.
If you like this broccoli rabe rigatoni, try some of my other pasta recipes:
Broccoli Rabe Rigatoni
This super flavorful white wine sauce cooks in the amount of time it takes to cook your pasta.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp anchovy paste
- 1/3 dry white wine
- 1/2 lb rigatoni
- 1 bunch broccoli rob, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- violife dairy free parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Step 1 First things first, out on a large pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, cut off the florets of the broccoli rabe and tear off the leaves. Chop the stems into bite sized pieces.
- Step 3 In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chopped shallots with a good pinch of salt and cook until lightly caramelized.
- Step 4 Stir in the anchovy paste and white wine and cover. Let cook on low.
- Step 5 Cook your pasta in the boiling water for 7 minutes. add the broccoli rabe for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain.
- Step 6 Stir the sauce into the pasta with reserved pasta water, a glug of oil, and toss to coat. Stir in red pepper flakes and dairy free parmesan cheese.
This recipe is: