Its football season… and all I can think about is buffalo chicken wings. NO MORE! These roasted buffalo cauliflower are spicy, tangy and delicious. And! I didn’t have to make a mess out of the kitchen with any frying nonsense. Oh no, these bad boys just got dunk in vegan butter and hot sauce, then into the oven for a quick roast. It is so simple, and way less messy than traditional wings.
To balance out the heat from the buffalo sauce, I added cooling cucumber and rich avocado. You can put whatever you want in your bowls. Celery and carrots perhaps? Vegan ranch brings the whole game day kind of experience home, and it was surprisingly easy to make! Soft tofu, water, lemon juice, a generous pinch garlic powder plus other seasonings made a really nice creamy dressing that I will be putting on absolutely everything for the next couple days (the recipe makes a little extra, you’re welcome). Wings? Who needs em?
Buffalo Cauliflower Bowls with Vegan Ranch
- For the Buffalo Cauliflower:
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I use franks!)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- For the Vegan Ranch:
- 6oz soft tofu
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or chives
- Step 1 1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Step 2 2. Melt the vegan butter in a large bowl in the microwave. Stir in the hot sauce, then add the cauliflower and toss until well combined.
- Step 3 3. Roast on a lined sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender crisp.
- Step 4 4. Meanwhile, make the vegan ranch. Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Step 5 5. Assemble the bowls! I used romaine lettuce, avocado, cucumber, a wedge of lemon, and sesame seeds, but you can absolutely put your own spin on it!