This recipe is so perfect for the holidays. The crust on the cauliflower is a mixture of cashews, yellow curry powder, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon. However, since this is a plant based recipe, you can flavor the cashew mixture however you’d like! Maybe a more traditional rosemary thyme instead of curry? Let me know if you try it!
Cashew Crusted Cauliflower
This cashew crusted cauliflower can be flavored however you want it, whether it be curried, like the one here, or a more traditional holiday flavor like rosemary thyme!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in 1 cup water 2-4 hours
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp curry (or whatever seasoning you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 head cauliflower
- Step 1 1. Preheat the oven to 425F
- Step 2 2. Blend together everything but the cauliflower. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your own personal tastes. Note: this mixture should be thick, yet pourable. Depending on the quality of your olive oil, you may need to add a touch more water.
- Step 3 3. Place the whole head of cauliflower on a parchment lined sheet pan. Pour the cashew mixture over top
- Step 4 4. Roast in the oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.