Sometimes, Id rather eat my smoothie than drink it. Smoothie bowls are great and all, but ice cream is the breakfast of champions, and that will never change.
The challenge here was to make a healthy, yet creamy ice cream alternative that required no churning… it’s too early for all that.
TIP: When storing in the freezer, place plastic wrap directly over the nice cream so it touches, then put the tupperware lid on. This will prevent any freezer burn from forming.
This nice cream is:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
This no churn ice cream is actually good for you! It has tons of calcium and protein, thanks to pea protein milk!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pea protein milk (I use ripple)
- Vegan chocolate pieces, for garnish if desired.
- Step 1 Combine the bananas, peanut butter, cocoa powder and pea milk in a food processor.
- Step 2 Blend until smooth
- Step 3 Freeze for 1-4 hours, or until desired firmness. Top with chopped vegan chocolate, if desired.