I’m a sweets for breakfast kind of girl. As soon as I get up all I want is a donut, or a pastry, or some sugary cereal. I’m talking a bigger than coffee craving. Since I have become more aware of what I put into my body, I’ve been thinking about how I can make something sweet that doesn’t require too much work, because then what’s the point then anyway. These chocolatey steel cut oats are great because they’re easy enough to make before I’ve become a functioning human (had coffee) and are naturally sweetened! I make one batch, then divide into 4 and store the remaining 3 portions in the fridge for easy keeping.
These oats are:
A complete protein
Chocolate Steel Cut Oats
These meal prep friendly chocolate steel cut oats are easy enough to make even before coffee.
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- vegan chocolate, toasted coconut, and peanut butter for toppings
- Step 1 Bring the water to a boil in a medium sauce pot.
- Step 2 Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, kosher salt and steel cut oats and let boil for about 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Mix in the maple syrup and vanilla. Now that the oats are done you can either top them and eat em’, or store them in the fridge for quick and easy breakfasts.