This Greek inspired creamy vegan pasta salad is so bright and fresh and protein packed! The creaminess comes from my Vegan Tzatziki Dip. Its got shredded cucumber, fresh dill and a healthy dose of lemon juice to bring all these tangy veggie add in’s together! The recipe makes more Tzatziki than you need for the pasta salad, so store the extra in the fridge and dip with warm naan or cut up veggies for later! Here’s the original recipe:
This recipe is so delicious served chilled, so its the perfect dish to prep ahead to bring to a pot luck. I guarantee you that nobody will even notice that it’s vegan 🙂 The recipe lists which veggie add in’s I used, but feel free to change it up to represent your own tastes!
This recipe is:
Make ahead friendly
Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
This greek-inspired pasta salad is the perfect side to bring to a pot luck. Make it your own with customized toppings.
- For the Tzatziki Dip:
- 14oz block firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dill
- For the Pasta Salad:
- 2 cups small pasta, cooked
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup canned artichokes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- salt and lemon juice, to taste
- Step 1 First, prepare the tzatziki, which will be the sauce for this recipe. Break the tofu into large chunks, add the salt and pulse in a food processor until smooth. Slowly stream in the olive oil with the motor running. This will give the dip a nice fluffy texture.
- Step 2 Add the lemon juice and garlic powder. Pulse again until fully combined.
- Step 3 Squeeze the grated cucumber between paper towels to get them as dry as possible, then stir in with the chopped dill. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Step 4 Combine all the ingredients for the pasta salad along with 1 1/2 cups of the tzatziki. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice, then toss and serve.