Creamy Vegan Polenta
This polenta is so much better than the dairy version. By cooking it in soy milk, it gets creamy and fluffy!
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn meal (polenta)
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- Step 1 1. Bring the soy milk, vegetable stock and salt to a simmer in a sauce pot.
- Step 2 2. Slowly add the corn meal to the pot while whisking. Make sure to slowly add, or else you end up with lumps.
- Step 3 3. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. I recommend covering the polenta with a lid to avoid splattering.
- Step 4 4. Serve as a side dish with pretty much anything, especially my mushroom bourguignon recipe!