This soup is so creamy, easy and comforting! The carrots in the recipe give it a little extra sweetness and a pop of color. Curry powder is my go to seasoning in the fall. Its good for you, easy to work with and has this subtle heat that pairs so well with fall flavors. Ill stop putting pumpkin in everything now… maybe.
Curried Pumpkin Soup
This pumpkin soup has a few tricks up its sleeve... coconut milk and curry powder! With only 8 ingredients, its the perfect lunch to pull together on a cold autumn day!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed and chopped
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- chopped green onions and red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Step 1 1. Heat the oil in a medium sauce pot over low heat. Add the onion and carrot, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 2. Add the salt, curry powder, coconut milk and pumpkin. Cook covered for 20 more minutes.
- Step 3 3. Blend, with the center piece of the lid removed AND A KITCHEN TOWEL PLACED OVER TOP. By removing the plastic center piece of the lid, it allows some steam to escape. This ensures you don’t blow up your blender, you’re welcome.
- Step 4 4. Garnish with chopped green onions, red pepper flakes, and additional curry powder if desired.