There isn’t anything traditional about this bowl, but its fast and it tastes good so here we are. I whipped it up using ingredients that have been hiding in my pantry, and it was so good it became blog worthy! Best part, it comes together in just under 30 minutes!
I absolutely love Thai Kitchen’s curry pastes. They are super flavorful, easy to use and have a clean label. This little jar is a serious game changer, I always have it in the house for last minute dinners like this! Here’s the link:
This curry is:
Easy Curried Lentil Bowl
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons red curry paste, such as Thai Kitchen
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- chopped peanuts and cilantro, for garnish
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and green peppers with a small pinch of salt. Cook while stirring for 3-5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add the water, coconut milk, red curry paste and lentils. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Step 3 Serve over rice, with sauteed broccoli, and crushed peanuts and chopped cilantro over top.