This easy vegan cilantro & corn pasta salad recipe is so easy to make and uses my iconic cilantro vinaigrette as a base for the sauce! I am all for those classic pasta salads at barbecues and pot lucks, but sometimes its nice to bring a fresher twist to the table. Pasta salad is really all about the sauce, so go ahead any buy whatever produce you see that inspired you. I used a mixture of red onion, corn (raw off the cob for that perfect crunch) and these absolutely adorable cherry tomatoes I found at Harris Teeter. They are called the gourmet medley by Sunsweet and they are so so gorg!
Summer recipes have just recently began to interest me. In previous years I will honestly admit I was a but staunchy about some these bbq classics like pasta salad, but this year I have decided to give them a bit of a facelift instead of writing them completely off. It is so easy to be uppity about food, my friends will definitely accuse me of that (and I deserve it!), but I am making a conscious effort to break out of my comfort zone this year and give the people what they want to see and eat. Achievable, beautiful, familiar looking food that is just a bit elevated.
This easy vegan cilantro & corn pasta salad is:
Keeps very well
If you like the sound of this recipe, try some of my other elevated summer classics:
Easy Vegan Cilantro & Corn Pasta Salad
This easy vegan cilantro & corn pasta salad is the perfect combination of creamy and fresh, and is just begging to come with you to your next potluck!
- For the Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, stems removed
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- For the Pasta Salad:
- 8oz bowtie pasta, cooked
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 3 fresh ears corn, kernels removed
- 8oz heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- cilantro, for garnish
- Step 1 To make the dressing, put the apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic and salt into the blender. Pulse until almost smooth, With the motor running and the center part of the lid removed, stream in the olive oil. Turn off the motor and add the cilantro, saving a few leaves for garnish. Stir in the vegan mayo.
- Step 2 Stir the dressing in with the cooked pasta, top with jalapeño, raw corn (trust me!), cherry tomatoes and red onion. Garnish with cilantro if desired.