It’s no secret that finding vegan desserts that don’t either taste like cardboard, or straight crisco is a challenge. We all know how I feel about those. This FOUR ingredient fresh peach and coconut sorbet is absolutely perfect for a sweet treat that you can throw together in minutes. Either serve it as soft serve, or the most refreshing smoothie bowl ever.
In order to get this super creamy and fresh tasting, I dropped 8 super ripe peaches in boiling water for one minute and then put the peaches in an ice bath. When they were cool enough to handle, peel them with your fingers and remove the pits. Then, pop them in the freezer in a single layer. Of course, if you feel like being basic, you can just use store bought frozen peaches. Its fine, I guess. You can’t call it fresh peach and coconut sorbet anymore, though. Call it Basic Peach and Coconut Sorbet.
It’s also important to note that I only used the solid portion of the coconut milk. It’s the white creamy part. Thats where the creamy texture will come from. Save the clear liquid in the can for smoothies! I also added sprinkles for a little pizzaz and instaworthiness, but feel free to leave em’ out! This recipe gets super super hard if you leave it in the freezer because peaches are so juicy! If you leave it in the freezer too long, it isn’t so much sorbet consistency as it is popsicle consistency. If you do have leftovers, put it in popsicle molds. Otherwise, eat it all.
Fresh Peach and Coconut Sorbet
This fresh peach and coconut sorbet is the perfect sweet treat that you can throw together in minutes!
- 8 ripe frozen peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 can coconut milk, white part only
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Step 1 For the peaches, drop 8 whole ripe peaches in boiling water for one minute. Dunk them in cold water. When they are cool enough to handle, slip the skins off with your fingers and remove the pits. Freeze them in a single layer. Alternatively, you can use store bought frozen peaches.
- Step 2 Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until completely smooth.
- Step 3 You can serve it right out of the blender, or put it in a loaf pan for easy scooping. Add sprinkles, if desired.