Now is as good of a time as any to be boosting our immune systems. I love this ginger turmeric spritzer recipe because it is so fun and uplifting. It almost feels like you’re making a cocktail. This recipe makes quite a lot, because there is a bit of work involved in making the ginger juice. I usually freeze two ice cube trays of the juice for smoothies and then use the remaining for about 6 spritzers.
These are almost spicy from the ginger, with some sweetness from the honey and a punch of tang from the lemons and lime. It is SO delicious, you would never know that it is actually good for you too!
This recipe calls for 4 cups of water total. You will use one cup of that water to blend with the ginger, then strain out any solids. This is a great way to make juice without a juicer. I recently tossed mine because it is such a pain to clean! The blender method is so much easier.
This Ginger Turmeric Spritzer recipe is:
good for you
If you like this recipe, try out some of my other drinks linked below!
Ginger Turmeric Spritzer
These ginger turmeric spritzers are not only the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and tang, but also are great for immune system support!
- 4 oz ginger
- 4 cups water, divided
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup honey, local if possible
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 t turmeric
- club soda for topping
- Step 1 Chop the ginger into 1 inch pieces and blend with 1 cup water until the mixture resembles a pulpy juice.
- Step 2 Strain the juice into a medium sauce pot over medium low heat. Add the remaining water, lemon and lime juice, honey, sugar and turmeric. Heat just until the sugar has dissolved.
- Step 3 Chill. I usually pour about half the juice into two ice cube trays to use in smoothies.
- Step 4 Once chilled, pour about 1/3 cup of the juice into an ice filled glass. Top with about 1/3 cup club soda and serve.