This double chocolate skillet cake is what my dreams are made of! Its not too messy, requires no stand mixer and is super rice and decadent. Top it with dairy free ice-cream and we are TALKIN’. Not only is this cake delicious, its also gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. So what is it? Witchcraft….
Just kidding, keep scrolling for the recipe.
The ingredient list is a bit lengthy, but its also packed with protein so it keeps you fuller, longer. It’s an easy sacrifice. I have found that a combo of maple syrup and dates are the refined sugar free trifecta for baking. Its lightly sweet but not too overpowering and nearly guilt free.
I cannot wait to entertain with this and trick everyone!
This recipe is:
A crowd pleaser
If you like the sound of this recipe, check out some of my other sweet ones!
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Skillet Cake
This ultra decadent double chocolate skillet cake is gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and protein packed
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cups vegan chocolate, chopped
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350F
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients
- Step 3 Blend together the water and dates until it forms a smooth paste.
- Step 4 In a larger bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Fold in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips.
- Step 5 Taste a tiny bit of the batter. If you like things sweeter, blend 8 additional dates with 1/4 cup water into a paste and then stir it in.
- Step 6 Smooth the batter into a greased 10 inch cast iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just barely set. do not overtake
- Step 7 Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, then serve with non dairy ice-cream and melted chocolate, if desired.