Never make a basic simple syrup again! Zast the original recipe up with grapefruit juice, creating a more balanced and sophisticated base for cocktails. A touch of lavender for garnish adds a beautiful floral nose to this plussed up brunch essential, and makes a conventient stirrer! This grapefruit mimisa is a playful twist on a classic, BRING ON THE BUBBLY!
This cocktail is:
Class up your usual brunch cocktail with a splash of grapefuit and some fragrant lavendar. BRING ON THE BUBBLY
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup grapefruit flavored vodka
- 1 bottle dry sparkling rose
- grapefruit wedges and lavendar flowers, for garnish
- Step 1 In a small sauce pan over medium low, heat the sugar and grapefruit juice until the sugar is just dissolved. Chill intil cool.
- Step 2 Pour evenly into 6 champagne flutes. Top with 1 scant shot of grapefruit vodka, then fill the glass with sparkling rose.
- Step 3 Garnish each glass iwth a grapefruit piece and a sprig of lavendar. Grive the drink a stir with the lavendar and serve!