Oh. My. Goodness. This is my favorite chili recipe I have ever written! This is definitely a less than authentic usage of guajillo chilies (they’re usually used in sauces) but this WORKS. The smokiness from the chili is everythinggggg. Im shocked I haven’t thought of this before! Grab a beer and get cooking. Although, you probably wont get to finish it because this gem of a recipe COOKS IN 20 MINUTES TOTAL. Dear instant pot, I love you.
I added sweet potato to this chili because I love the way it pairs with the smokiness of the guajillos. I also use quinoa and beans, plus a package of lightlife ground crumbles, linked here:
Needless to say, you wont be hungry after this one.
This Guajillo Instant Pot Chili is:
Insanely quick to make
Guajillo Instant Pot Chili
This guajillo instant pot chili also has sweet potato, creating the perfect balance of sweet and smoky. Not to mention its ready in 20 minutes start to finish!
- 8 guajillo chilies, dried
- 1 cup water
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1/2 t oregano, dried
- 1/2 t cumin, dried
- 1/2 t coriander, dried, ground
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 3 cups water
- 1 t kitchen bouillon
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced serranos to serve
- Step 1 Simmer the guajillo chilies in the water for 5 minutes, then blend until smooth.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, chop your veg.
- Step 3 Add all the ingredients EXCEPT THE BEANS to the instant pot. Cook on high for 7 minutes. Gently stir in the beans, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Serve topped with chipped cilantro, sliced avocado and Serranos.