As a Marylander, there are two things I love, one being Old Bay, and the other being shrimp scampi. Old Bay & lemon shrimp scampi is my ultimate comfort food. I add an extra punch of lemon to this classic comforting meal, which I think elevates it just a bit 🙂 OOF this with a side of heirloom tomato salad? I’m dreaming.
This is my favorite “I’ve had a really crappy day” dinner. It’s so fast and the cleanup is easy. I love mine with some extra chopped parsley and Violife’s dairy free parmesan, served on the couch with a too-full class of crisp white. Violife is my new favorite dairy free cheese brand. They have captured the tartness of cheese that I feel like I had been missing in other brands. I’ve tried the parm, cheddar and feta and to be honest, they’re all really good!
This recipe is:
If you like this Old Bay shrimp scampi recipe, try these next:
Old Bay & Lemon Shrimp Scampi
This old bay and lemon shrimp scampi is my absolute favorite comfort food.
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 lemons zest AND juice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp old bay
- 1/2 lb linguine, cooked very aldente
- Chopped parsley, vegan parmesan and lemon slices for garnish
- Step 1 In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Add the shrimp and cook shrimp for 3 minutes each side, or until pink and cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Step 2 Add the chopped shallots and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender-crisp. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about two minutes.
- Step 3 Stir in the lemon zest and juice, tomatoes, parsley, old bay, shrimp and cooked pasta. Stir until hot.
- Step 4 Serve garnished with parsley, vegan parmesan and lemon slices.
1 thought on “Old Bay & Lemon Shrimp Scampi”
So delicious!! I love shrimp scampi and being from MD the old bae aspect of this dish takes it to the next level! My mouth is watering just from the picture