This easy vegan one pot goulash comes together in less than 45 minutes, and the pasta cooks right in with all the rest of the ingredients! It is quite possibly the perfect weeknight meal to pull together after a long work day. I love to “hide” veggies in a lot of my recipes, this one has a full cup of spinach per season.
This recipe is:
Picky eater approved
One Pot Vegan Goulash
This easy one pot vegan goulash is so easy to prepare, and everything cooks in the same pot!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 28 oz cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 cup dry elbow pasta
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups spinach
- Step 1 1. Heat the oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Meanwhile, finely chop the shallots and bell peppers. Add them to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 2. Add the can of whole tomatoes and water. Crush with either a potato masher or wooden spoon, then add the lentils. Let simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 3. Add the pasta, let cook covered for an additional 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Step 4 4. Add the spices and spinach. When the spinach has wilted, serve!