Peas are such an under rated food! Not only are they a pretty neutral tasting veggie, they’re super rich in protein. I always take appetite satiety into consideration when I’m developing recipes, so I will definitely be taking even better advantage of peas in the future. This pea pesto pasta is so simple you barely even need the recipe. I snuck peas in this pesto to add some veggies to the mix. This would be the absolute perfect side to whip up while the grill is going!
Feel free to serve this as an entree as well. You could try adding in sun-dried tomatoes, or even grilled shrimp would be amazing. I love this recipe hot or cold. If you decide on cold, use fusilli pasta. For this picture I used home-made pappardelle, but any boxed pasta works just as well.
This recipe is:
If you like this pea pesto pasta, try some of these recipes next:
Pea Pesto Pasta
This pea pesto pasta is a super simple and fresh early summer dish, best served with a tall glass of rose.
- 16oz bag frozen peas, one cup reserved
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 16oz pappardelle pasta, cooked very aldente
- 1 recipe pea pesto
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup peas
- Vegan parmesan cheese, basil and mint to serve
- Step 1 Combine all pesto ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step 2 In a large saute pan over medium heat, add pasta and pesto. Heat together until warm. Stir in the vegan butter until melted.
- Step 3 To serve, top with vegan parmesan cheese (I love violife brand), basil and mint leaves.