The secret to the perfect grilled eggplant is actually the brine. By simply dissolving a little salt in some water and soaking the eggplant first, we make the perfect base for this pomegranate molasses grilled eggplant recipe! I absolutely love this with a mediterranean style meal.
Topping with a little sweet crunch from the pomegranate seeds and some mint really ties this all together. I hope you all love this one as much as I do!
Pomegranate Molasses Glazed Grilled Eggplant
This tangy sweet pomegranate molasses grilled eggplant are the perfect side for your summer barbecue!
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 8 cups water, divided
- 3 medium eggplants
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Pomegranate seeds and mint for garnish
- Step 1 In a small microwave safe bowl, heat the salt and 1 cup of the water. Stir to dissolve the salt. Transfer to a large bowl, then top with 7 cups cold water.
- Step 2 Slice the eggplant and soak in the salt water for 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Step 4 In a small bowl. mix together the pomegranate molasses, olive oil and cayenne.
- Step 5 Drain the eggplant and pat dry. Brush with the pomegranate mixture and grill for 4 minutes each side.
- Step 6 Serve garnished with pomegranate seeds and mint, if desired.