This pumpkin cornbread is easy, low maintenance, and super fluffy! Fall is a fantastic time for vegan baking, because pumpkin does all the heavy lifting that an egg would do!
This pumpkin cornbread is the perfect side for your holiday meal! Its easy, fluffy, and comes together in just 30 minutes.
- 6 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 1/2 cups corn meal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Step 1 1. Preheat the oven to 325F
- Step 2 2. In a small bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter, pumpkin puree, and cashew milk. Set aside.
- Step 3 3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fold (lightly stir) the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Step 4 4. Pour the batter into a parchment lined 8×8 square baking pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Step 5 5. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional vegan butter if desired.