Shiitake mushrooms make my vegan world spin upside down. When they are dried and then hydrated in this soup, not only do they flavor the soup but they also take on this really awesome meaty texture that I had been craving. You can customize the toppings of this soup however you want. I use whatever I could find in the fridge!
Quick and Easy Mushroom Soup
This super rich, savory soup comes together in just 20 minutes! Dried shiitake mushrooms bring an extra punch of umami flavor, as well as a meaty texture!
- 1 box (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Toppings: (use as desired)
- Baby bok choy
- canned corn
- edamame beans
- green onions
- Step 1 1. Bring the stock and mushrooms to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 2 2. Add remaining ingredients, top as desired and serve!