Just because tomato season is over, does not mean we all have to suffer. This pasta is SO easy and SO creamy thanks to my secret ingredient….. potato leek soup (vegan, of course)! By using the oil that the sun-dried tomatoes are packed in to cook down the onions and garlic, this dish gets packed with flavor. I used whole wheat pasta, but you could use whatever kind you want. Lentil, perhaps?
Sundried Tomato Basil Pasta
The search for a perfect creamy vegan pasta sauce is OVER. By using potato leek soup as a base, we have a quick and easy weeknight meal that can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons oil, from the sundried tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups potato leek soup (make sure its vegan, I used imagine brand)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- half a box of pasta, cooked
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- Step 1 1. Heat the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over medium heat until it flows in the pan like water. Add the onions and cook until brown, then add the garlic. Continue cooking until fragrant.
- Step 2 2. If you are using wine, add it now and cook until it is almost evaporated.
- Step 3 3. Sprinkle the flour in and stir to incorporate.
- Step 4 4. Add the potato leek soup, sun-dried tomatoes, and chopped basil. Bring to a simmer.
- Step 5 5. Squeeze half the lemon into the sauce, and use the rest for serving.
- Step 6 6. Stir in the cooked pasta and serve!