I try really hard not to buy snacks because if I do, Ill eat all snacks and no veggies. I am an absolute sucker for the sweet and salty combo, especially if its crunchy! These gluten free sweet and salty potato bites are so perfect and quick to make. I used a Korean sweet potato because I do a lot of shopping at our local asian food store, but a normal sweet potato will work just as well!
I topped these with mashed avocado to act like a glue, then pom seeds and finely chopped dates. Does it sound odd? Maybe. But Im telling you! Sweet salty crunchy is the perfect snack time combo that must be trusted at all times!
These Sweet and Salty Potato Bites are:
Sweet and Salty
Gluten Free Sweet & Salty Potato Bites
These sweet and salty potato bites are the perfect gluten free snack. Plus, they're crispy, bite sized and just a little bit sweet!
- 1 sweet potato, Korean or other
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon
- Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to 425F
- Step 2 Meanwhile, thinly slice the potatoes. They should be about a 1/4 inch thick. Toss them in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a lined sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes, flip, then another 5.
- Step 4 While the potatoes are baking, mash the avocado and finely chop the dates.
- Step 5 To serve, top each potato with a little avocado, dates, pom seeds and a squeeze of lemon.