This vegan buffalo chicken dip is creamy, spicy and cheesy. Serving them in individual ramekins allows everyone to dip however they please, but you can definitely bake these in a traditional baking dish and serve it family style as well. With football season here, this is the perfect thing to bring to a potluck! You could easily fool anyone into thinking this was the traditional recipe.
The key to making a great vegan buffalo chicken dip is using high quality vegan alternatives. I used my absolute favorite cream cheese by wayfare and Diaya cheddar cheese. These are my absolute favorites so far! I will say that I have tried kite hill cream cheese, and I would absolutely not recommend it. It is SUPER salty, giving you no control over the actual recipe. Wayfare is my absolute favorite dairy free alternative to cream cheese, but it does have a pretty limited distribution so far. I get mine at Wegmans, but if you can’t find one near you, tofutti cream cheese will do just fine.
This vegan buffalo chicken dip is:
Easy to make
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
This vegan buffalo chicken dip is the perfect combination of creamy and spicy!
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 can jackfruit, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 container Wayfare dairy free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups dairy free shredded cheddar, divided
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 325F
- Step 2 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Add the green onions and cook until fragrant.
- Step 3 Add the jackfruit and garlic powder and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Remove from heat, then stir in the cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce and one cup of the cheddar.
- Step 5 Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins, then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes, or until melty. Serve garnished with additional green onions and celery sticks.