I LOVE making galettes. They’re like pie, but way easier and honestly, more attractive in my opinion. The inspo for this one was the trader hoes (yes, hoes) everything bagel seasoning that I have been seeing everywhere on instagram. Oddly enough, when I went to wegmans earlier this week they had the absolute sexiest heirloom tomatoes I have ever seen in February. Tomatoes off season are pretty lackluster unless they are cooked and seasoned properly, so here we are.
The dough on this recipe is both vegan and gluten free. Its super flavorful, and very flaky. When you transfer it from your work surface to a sheet pan it may break a little because it is gluten free (and has no gluten structure, obvs) but not to worry, it will come right back together if you press it.
This Everything Bagel Heirloom Tomato Galette is:
Vegan & Gluten Free
Gluten Free Everything Bagel Heirloom Tomato Galette
This everything bagel heirloom tomato galette is the perfect combination of flaky, salty and savory
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 6 medium heirloom tomatoes
- red onion, capers, dill for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 450F
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt. With a fork or your fingers, cut in the vegan butter, just as you would for a pie. Stir in the egg and black pepper. Wrap in plastic and allow to hydrate in the fridge.
- Step 3 Slice the tomatoes and red onions.
- Step 4 Carefully roll the dough out on a well almond floured surface. It should be about 1/4-1/2inch thick. Transfer to a lined sheet pan. Spread with vegan cream cheese, then top with tomatoes, red onions and capers. Be sure to leave 2-3 inches of crust along the edges.
- Step 5 Fold in the crust and brush with egg wash or oil. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Step 6 Top with fresh dill, red onions and serve.