These veggie fried rice breakfast bowls are the absolute perfect way to use up leftover rice. This recipe is also loaded with veggies, which is an awesome way to start the morning. I’m showing them as a breakfast bowl here, but you could totally serve this as a main dish as well!
I love the variety of textures and colors in this one. With a runny egg yolk on top of that? Count me all the way in. I love my fried rice a little crispy, a little salty and PACKED with veg.
These veggie fried rice breakfast bowls are:
If you like this breakfast recipe, check out some of my others:
Veggie Fried Rice Breakfast Bowls
These veggie fried rice breakfast bowls are a little crispy, a bit salty and PACKED with veggies.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 inch section ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups baby spinach, wilted
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 eggs, fried
- sesame seeds and red pepper flakes for garnish, if desired
- Step 1 In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until it runs in the pan like water when you tilt it.
- Step 2 Add the onions, garlic, ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Next, add the red pepper, carrots and rice. Stir it around until the rice looks nice and crisp.
- Step 4 Stir in the soy sauce and hoisin until well coated. Add the edamame and corn. Reduce heat to low.
- Step 5 To serve, top with sautéed spinach, fried eggs and avocado. Season with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.