Marinated oranges take place of fish in this plant based poke bowl. By letting the oranges sit in an oil based marinade, they take on the fatty texture of salmon, while bringing a bright punch of citrus flavor to finish.
This recipe is:
Easy to make
Vegan Poke Bowl
Bright, garlicky marinated oranges are the perfect substitute for fish!
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup purple carrots, spiralized or shredded
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- brown rice, cooked
- Step 1 Combine the first four ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 2 Slice the peel off the oranges by cutting off the top and bottom, then running the knife down the sides. Cut into chunks and add to the sesame oil mixture. Let sit for 30 minutes or longer.
- Step 3 Assemble the bowls, placing the raw vegetables on top of the brown rice, and finishing with the oranges. Drizzle with remaining sesame marinade.
- Step 4 Serve with gochujang paste, soy sauce and hemp hearts if desired.