Grilled Chipotle Cauliflower Steaks with Lime Yogurt is the perfect addition to your next BBQ. It’s no secret that I love cauliflower in all its versatility. I love it in tacos, as a roast, wings you name it ill try it. My only issue is the lack of protein, which leaves me feeling hungry after my meal. Not to worry, chick peas come to the rescue!
I don’t care what recipe you swear by, oven roasted chick peas to the point that they are crispy are not great. They’re crisp for about 5 minutes, and then they just taste stale. In this recipe I roast them for just 15 minutes so that they absorb the chipotle flavor and get hot, but not crisp. That is a job for the deep fryer or maybe even an air fryer, but never the oven.
I also love the ease of this recipe. Its super quick and goof proof! Having two appliances going at once can seem a but intimidating, but it really does save time!
This grilled chipotle cauliflower steaks with lime yogurt recipe is:
Not too spicy
If you like this Grilled Chipotle Lime Cauliflower Steak recipe, try some of my other summer recipes:
Grilled Chipotle Cauliflower Steaks with Lime Yogurt
These grilled chipotle lime cauliflower steaks are complimented by roasted chickpeas and a dollop of honey lime almond milk yogurt.
- FOR THE STEAKS:
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 medium cauliflower, sliced into 4 steaks
- FOR THE CHICKPEAS
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, drained rinsed and DRIED off
- 2 Tbsp reserved chipotle marinade
- FOR THE YOGURT
- 1/2 cup almond milk yogurt, such as Whole Foods 365
- 1/2 limes juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- FOR GARNISH:
- cilantro, serranos, extra lime wedges
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400F and the Grill to medium high heat.
- Step 2 Combine the oil, chipotle, garlic powder, cayenne, S&P and lime zest. Reserve 2 tablespoons and toss it with the drained, rinsed and dried off chickpeas.
- Step 3 Place the chickpeas on a lined sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, brush the cauliflower steaks with the remaining chipotle marinade. Grill 5 minutes per side if you like it a bit crunchy in the middle, 8 minutes per side if you want it softer.
- Step 4 Mix together the yogurt ingredients.
- Step 5 Serve the cauliflower steaks on a dollop of the yogurt topped with the chickpeas, cilantro, serranos and lime wedges.