As much as I love developing plant focused recipes, I simply can NOT make myself go through the trouble of writing a traditional salad recipe. You know, the kind with the greens and the homemade dressing blah blah. Theres something about chopping up a million veggies and mixing together my own dressing for “just a salad” that turns me all the way off. With that being said, I do love a good salad. Im just not willing to go through the trouble to make it. This recipe is different! Its quick, easy and refreshing. It is the easiest cucumber salad ever, with only 7 ingredients total.
If you like easy recipes like these, you’ll probably love these too!
This recipe is:
Easiest Cucumber Salad
This is the easiest cucumber salad ever. Its crunchy, flavorful and stores perfectly in the fridge for up to one week. Hello meal prep.
- 12 baby cucumbers, sliced
- pinch salt
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 2 T ginger, grated or minced
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 T hot sesame oil
- fresh mint and chopped cashews, for garnish
- Step 1 First, toss the sliced cucumbers with the salt in a medium bowl. This will allow the excess moisture out of the cucumber, so all you’re left with in your salad is flavor. They only need to sit for 2+ minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, chop your veg.
- Step 3 Once the veg is chopped, drain the liquid out of the cucumbers. Add in the mirin and sesame oil and give it a good mix.
- Step 4 Divide onto 4 plates and garnish with fresh mint and chopped cashews, if desired.